Moving can be a stressful and exhausting experience, it is even worse if the move is unexpected. A sudden relocation because of a job change may be great in the long run, but it will bring several
Save On Housing Costs in Retirement
Dated: June 7 2021
Retirement is something people look forward to most of their lives and as you prepare for retirement, it’s natural to consider ways to reduce your housing costs. Fortunately, there are some great ways to enhance your lifestyle while reducing costs.
1. Downsize – The most common way to reduce costs is to downsize. Many older Americans find they can greatly reduce or eliminate monthly payments while reducing upkeep.
2. Home Sharing – If you are single, consider finding a housemate.
3. Retirement Communities – 55+ communities offer a lower-cost, low- maintenance lifestyle.
4. Retire in Phases – Plan for the stages of retirement, including possible assisted living. Buying into these multi-stage communities can save thousands throughout your retirement.
5. Look at Your Mortgage - Make your current monthly payment more affordable by refinancing at a lower rate. You might also consider a reverse mortgage. Federally insured reverse mortgages can provide income to supplement your retirement savings.
6. Sell Your Home – Maybe you no longer need to own a home at all. Selling a home and pocketing the proceeds can give you the freedom to travel more and rents may be less expensive than owning. Saving money on monthly expenditures is the best way to make the most of your hard-earned retirement.
If you are in your final retirement planning stage or if you are ready to fully step into retirement, lets connect soon and talk about your best option!
No matter if you are looking for a bigger house for your growing family, downsizing or relocating to a different part of the country, your real estate experience will be dependent on the real estate....